Author Topic: Problem programming SBC44UC  (Read 4590 times)

gghate

• View Profile
Problem programming SBC44UC
« on: March 10, 2009, 11:33:19 PM »
Hi All,

I purchased an SBC44UC PIC USB board directly from the Modtronix web site, which came with a bootloader. I lent it o a friend who apparently corrupted/overwrote the bootloader. I am now unable to download any application to the board. :-(

I tried downloading the bootloader built from the Microchip web site, but it does not work. I used the PIC ICD 2 USB JTAG device to program the board from the the MPLAB IDE. The IDE reports a successful download, but the Memory View window shows all FFs. The board seems OK since the LED blinks as expected and the voltage levels are OK.

What could be the problem? How can I get the bootloader to install correctly?

Any help will be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance to all.

Gautam

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem programming SBC44UC
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 01:17:34 AM »
In your programmer ensure you configure it to write all configuration, EEPROM and Flash data to the board. Also check if maybe it is not updating the configuration data, and the Program memory protection bit is maybe set. There are configuration bits for protecting the program memory, maybe they are set and causing the program memory not to be written to. Are you using a Microchip programmer, or some clone device?

gghate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 11:46:13 AM »
Hi,

I am using an authentic Olimex PIC ICD2 USB JTAG programmer and writing to code, data, EEPROM and Config memory, but to no avail!!

Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Gautam

MarkO

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 01:09:40 PM »
Is the OP referring to the Boot-Loader on the SBC44UC page, or the Boot-Loader from the Microchip Web Site and if so, does anyone have a Link to that Microchip Boot-Loader.

BoumPower

• View Profile
    • www.BoumPower.ch
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 06:05:29 AM »
See here : http://sourceforge.net/projects/small-device-os/files/sdsOS%20-%20Microchip%20PIC/Modtronix%20SBC44/

Check configuration bits (I'm not sure for SBC44), but overwriting Bootloader firmware without changing Config bits of hardware works...