Author Topic: Modtronix example doesn't work...  (Read 4323 times)

deur63

• View Profile
Modtronix example doesn't work...
« on: July 28, 2009, 11:30:46 PM »
Hi,

I'm all new here, and got a SBC65EC for a project.
Versionnumbers (as read on the sticker):
HW 3.20
BLN 1.00
SW 3.10

After lots of reading and even more reading I've downloaded some examples from the site and started experimenting with them. For the record: I'm focussing on tcp1_65hw211_mc.mcp.
I've un-commented the "#define HAS_BOOTLOADER", and in MPlab it shows that approx. the first 1000 bytes of the programmemory appear ununsed (which is good).

I've downloaded MPlab 8.33 (newest), and opened the project described above.
Building it failed, but that was due to the paths, which were incorrect. After setting those up, building succeeded (kind of). I seem to get a warning (E:\motronix\examples_v248\tcp\src\net\tcp.c:2193:Warning [2106] comparison of a signed integer to an unsigned integer detected). I get it 132 times (really..).

I've put the HEXfile in the SBC65EC using the networkboot loader, and that goes without errors. Afterwards the device should start up, but it doesn't do anything. Connecting via LAN doesn't work, PINGing doesn't, nothing does...

I've put the jumper on the board to the safe-mode position, device started, and i've put the originial firmware (downloaded it from the site) back into the device, and it works again..

What am I forgetting to do? I kinda assumed that examples were there to help you getting started, but they don't work...

To get things straight:
In the PROJ_DEFS:
- IP address is filled in and OK
- Gateway aswell
- MAC aswell

Thanks in advance!

Mark

gr

• View Profile
Re: Modtronix example doesn't work...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 06:44:27 AM »
I have same versions on hardware sticker and I got this to work easily.  I also have mplab ide 8.33.  tcp1_65hw211_mc.mcp is the wrong project - you want websrvr65_mc_hw211.mcp.  Switching to this project might fix your problem, but read on first...

You don't have to change a single line of code - undo all the changes you made or start over in a new folder with fresh source (yes, I have the latest and it compiles fine).

*after* you download and install mplab (which you did) you have to install the c compiler (again if you installed it before mplab).  During installation it asks if you want to integrate it into mplab and you say yes.  You may have done this all fine - not sure.  I forget which c compiler but it was in the instructions and when I compile I see this in mplab:

Language tool versions: mpasmwin.exe v5.31, mplink.exe v4.31, mcc18.exe v3.31

Then don't open the mcp file, instead open the mcw file from the file- open workspace menu (not the project menu).  The workspace is called websrvr65_mc_hw301.mcw (this compiles the project mcp file I mentioned above)

That should do it.  Again you might want to start with fresh source code although it might not matter.

I've made tons of edits to the code on my modtronix board and it works great and I love this little thing.

deur63

• View Profile
Re: Modtronix example doesn't work...
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 01:48:56 AM »
I have same versions on hardware sticker and I got this to work easily.  I also have mplab ide 8.33.  tcp1_65hw211_mc.mcp is the wrong project - you want websrvr65_mc_hw211.mcp.  Switching to this project might fix your problem, but read on first...

You don't have to change a single line of code - undo all the changes you made or start over in a new folder with fresh source (yes, I have the latest and it compiles fine).

*after* you download and install mplab (which you did) you have to install the c compiler (again if you installed it before mplab).  During installation it asks if you want to integrate it into mplab and you say yes.  You may have done this all fine - not sure.  I forget which c compiler but it was in the instructions and when I compile I see this in mplab:

Language tool versions: mpasmwin.exe v5.31, mplink.exe v4.31, mcc18.exe v3.31

Then don't open the mcp file, instead open the mcw file from the file- open workspace menu (not the project menu).  The workspace is called websrvr65_mc_hw301.mcw (this compiles the project mcp file I mentioned above)

That should do it.  Again you might want to start with fresh source code although it might not matter.

I've made tons of edits to the code on my modtronix board and it works great and I love this little thing.
Thanks for your reply!

There's one problem. I don't have "websrvr65_mc_hw301.mcw" nor "websrvr65_mc_hw211.mcp" (when using example v2.48). And when trying to download the newest example from the SBC65EC webpage, it gives an error that it can't find the file.

Edit: found it!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 01:50:43 AM by deur63 »