Author Topic: SBC65EC cannot log in  (Read 2962 times)

mmap

• View Profile
SBC65EC cannot log in
« on: October 03, 2009, 01:36:54 AM »
Hello

I have just received a SBC65EC board. At first everything was OK and I could log in using "admin" and "pw".
Later I decided to make a new user by typing in the command in the webbrowsers address bar like http://192.168.11.6/?la=simon [enter]. Apparently this
was not the right way to do because now a log in window appeared which was asking for a password. I tried "admin" and "pw" but I could not log in.

I unplugged the power and restarted the board but I cant log in anymore like normal. "admin" and "pw" does not work anymore for logging in! The system just views a new log in window after I press "ok"...
Any other username or password does not work either.

I wonder now how I could reset the board to the original state. Do I have to do a firmware update?

Thanks! //Simon

gridbegone

• View Profile
Re: SBC65EC cannot log in
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 07:08:41 PM »
Wondering what the resolution was to this.

I just received my SB65EC today (only got to play an hour!) and ran into pretty much the same problem.

I went to the password reset page and changed the admin password using a Chrome web browser and the provided page. I hit Submit and the page reloaded with no indication that anything had been done. I then tried entering a different username other then admin with the same desired password. From that point forward I have been locked out of the board and none of the logins I tried to create/modify work.

Could anyone tell me what is the recovery procedure is?

In terms of enhancements - it may be good to either have a confirmation box (double-entry) or no password character mask on this page.

gridbegone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 07:56:48 PM »
Update:

The Network Bootloader seemed like it may be the solution. I found that this would not run on Windows 7 (32 or 64 bit) without launching it using Run As Administrator. Not doing so displays the error "Error - Can not open command file - netloader.cmd.  This was an easy fix!

I am able to communicate with the device on IP 10.5.5.55 (dhcp assigned) from another private network address in the 192.168.x.x space. I figure UDP should work fine from here? 

When one tries to connect via The Net Loader, it requests the credential to use for the session ahead of time. This suggests that it will not update without the right one. I could not manage to connect at all but this may be due to the router between networks dropping packets.

Seems the serial cable is the next option... as a newbie - hope to avoid creating bigger problems doing this...

gridbegone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 09:34:05 PM »
I have resolved this...  the reason the Net Loader would not work is a conflict of IP's. The default IP address the boot loader uses is a valid network a few hops away.

Using the free RealTerm application with the suggested settings found here http://www.modtronix.com/products/sbc65ec/websrvr65_v203.pdf allowed me to change the IP and Gateway from the 10.x space to the 192.168 space. I was then able to connect with network bootloader.  Once connected, checked Reset Target Before Connecting option and Update Eeprom. Target IP or Netbios set to MXBOARD and Target IP for Bootloader set to the IP I specified in real term - (in my case 192.168.1.100).

Next, clicked connect and cycled the power on the board. Finally it is discovered, updated and once again accessible!
 :lol: