Author Topic: == Using LCD2S Serial (I2C) LCD Display with SBC65EC ==  (Read 7319 times)

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
== Using LCD2S Serial (I2C) LCD Display with SBC65EC ==
« on: November 16, 2009, 01:39:00 AM »
The 2x16 and 4x20 serial LCD displays can be connected to the SBC65EC via it's Micro Match connector. This is the small red 6 pin connector on the SBC65EC board.

The "ll" and "lk" commands (in the "General Commands" section) can be used to send text and other commands to the LCD display via HTTP or UDP. The Web Server on the SBC65EC also has a page where text and commands can be entered and sent to the LCD display via a standard web browser.

The LCD2S LCD displays has a connector for adding a keypad, with a maximum of 16 buttons. Events can be enabled on the SBC65EC to send UDP messages when a button on the keypad is pressed.

The LCD2S also has a couple of general purpose inputs and outputs. They can be controlled by sending the "lk" command to the LCD2S via HTTP or UDP. See LCD2S documentation for format of commands.

cwthong

• View Profile
Re: == Using LCD2S Serial (I2C) LCD Display with SBC65EC ==
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 05:27:56 AM »
Is there any example for getting the input for the keypad?

cwthong

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2010, 06:33:44 AM »
Managed to get the keypad input after I enable the event and heartbeat event.
However only manage to the 12 of the buttons instead of 16.

Understand that I need to remove the J1 jumper and I've done that. What other configuration or things that I need to do in order to receive the key pressed event for all the 16 buttons.

saint_mark96

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 06:08:03 PM »
Hello guyz.,
Im a student and we have this thesis..
"LINE FREQUENCY COUNTER AND VOLATAGE MONITORING SYSTEM OVER THE NET"
from the board's feature.., do i need to buy a frequency counter or is it built in already on the board?

Thank you..  :?

andreas.kolbe

• View Profile
Newbie questions on the combination SBC65EC & LCD2S display
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2012, 12:19:55 AM »
Hi everybody,

this is my first post - yesterday I received my SBC65EC and the 4x20 LCD2S display... My intention is to use this combination to display the status of some home automation - sending the data via TCP/IP.

On my first steps I encountered some obstacles that I'd like to share and discuss with you:

Obviously the query-string parsing of the webserver is somewhat limited in terms of character count. I tried to send data to the display with

Code: [Select]
http://sbc65ec/?ll=_f012345678901234567890123456789012345678901234567890123456789
which I would expect to fill three lines with the figures but instead this gets cut at approx. 30 chars. Same result when I send the data via UDP. Is this behaviour expected?

How do I send spaces or accented characters / diacritics like the german ? (Both via http or UDP)

Approximately every 5th time I send data to the board, the display is not updated correctly (meaning that the former displayed data stays on display and the last line of data send now is display starting line 1 char 1). Did that via UDP with the following commands:

Code: [Select]
ll=_fThis is just demo te
ll=xt. The quick brown
ll=fox jumps over the l
ll=azy dog. testtest

On 3 or 4 occasions the board became unresponsive thus I disconnected the power to reset the device. Is there a way to monitor or debug a situation like that? Can I trigger a reset via network commands, e.g. having a watchdog.

Well, that's more then enought for a first post, I think. Might be, that most of the questions are newbie topics but hey that's what I am with the SBC65EC!  :wink:

Thanks for your help!!!
Best regards from Berlin, Germany
Andreas