Author Topic: == Programming SBC65EC and SBC68EC boards ==  (Read 8046 times)

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
== Programming SBC65EC and SBC68EC boards ==
« on: July 12, 2006, 07:04:55 PM »
The SBC65EC and SBC68EC boards are delivered with a bootloader programmed in FLASH 0x0 to 0x7ff. No programmer is required to program this board, and it can be programmed via the bootloader. See documentation on SBC65EC and SBC68EC product pages for details on doing this. If for some reason, the user uses a programmer to program this boad, extreme care must be taken not to overwrite the bootloader! The bootloader is NOT made available for free, and if the user overwrites it, the board has to be returned to us to get the bootloader programmed onto it again!

The bootloader lives in the program memory 0 to 0x7ff. It also uses the first 21 bytes (addresses 0 to 20) of the internal EEPROM.

To use the ICD 2 as a programmer or debugger, you will have to configure it not to overwrite the bootloader in Flash (0-0x7ff). See attached picture.

With the EEPROM you have one or two choices:

1) Configure the ICD 2 not to overwrite the contents of the EEPRORM.

2) If you are defining values for the internal EEPROM in your code, you have to ensure that addresses 0 to 20 contain valid data for the bootloader. The bootloaders uses these locations for it's configuration data, like IP address, serial startup delay, bootloader delay etc. See the eeconfigArray[] structure in the "appcfg.c" file of the TCP/IP stack source code for what locations contain what configuration data. It is also shown here in the documentation:
www.modtronix.com/products/sbc65ec/websrvr65_v303/appcfg_8h.html#bde590c6646557e63edd2554527b5364
The first 21 bytes of this array contain the data used by the bootloader on startup. If you do however accidentally overwrite the EEPROM, it is no big deal seeing that you can restore it via the ICD 2, or start up the bootloader in safemode. See:
http://www.modtronix.com/products/sbc65ec/websrvr65_v303/mainpage.php?mainpagehtml=page_safemode
for details on using the bootloader in safemode.

niroblock

• View Profile
Re: == Programming SBC65EC and SBC68EC boards ==
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 11:50:18 AM »
I THINK THAT the RANK IS an ERROR IN YOUR DESCRIPTION “0x17FFF” CANNOT BE INTRODUCED CAN THAT IS “0x17FF” Or “0xFFFF”?
IT TELL ME SOMETHING BECAUSE I FINISH ERASING THE BOOTLOADER AND MY SBC68EC TO DEAD.

DATA THAT YOUR WEB SERVER IS a BEST PRODUCT BECAUSE NOT TO WRITE a COMPLETE GUIDE LIKE FORMING MPLAB WITH “ICD 2 " OR SIMPLY TO RELEASE BOOTLOADER FOR P18 (MICROCHIP ALREADY TO RELEASED the VERSION FOR P16).

IN ADDITION I THINK THAT WHO USES PIC, PLC, PROCESSORS OR YOUR BOARDS ARE EXPERT IN PROGRAMMING AND IF AS I LOOK FOR EFFICIENT AND ECONOMIC SOLUTIONS THAT THEY ALLOW TO EXPANDER THE USE US OF THE PIC IN THE WORLD.

THANKS TO LISTEN TO ME
do not make any questions, if you already have the answer!

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 03:15:29 PM »
Hello

We have spent many months already with our Modtronix TCP/IP stack. We make all this code available for free, along with heaps of documentation and examples. Lots of people just use our code, and never buy any of our products. The only way we have to try and link our code with our products, is to not release the bootloader code. This of course doesn't mean people can not use our code without our boards, seeing that we even provide MPLAB project files for compiling our stack for boards without a bootloader installed. The bootloader can not be erased by uploading new firmware, or any other way than with a PIC programmer. If you have accidentally erased the bootloader with a PIC programmer, you can return it to us, and we we reprogram it for free for you.

niroblock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 02:23:44 AM »
HI admin,

OK I UNDERSTAND YOUR POSITION, BUT THE QUALITY OF YOUR PRODUCT FOR MY IS NOT IF IT HAS OR NOT THE BOOTLOADER.

I TAKE TO TWO WEEK WITHOUT THE BOOTLOADER AND THE SYSTEM TO SAY THE TRUTH LIKES MORE TO PART THAN YOUR CODE OF EXAMPLE AND VERY CLEAN AND SURE AND ASSEMBLED HE IS OPTIMAL.

In reference to that uses your code in other boards surely this it is not our case, in addition to not having any disadvantage to contribute publishing shortly, in your forum ours projects.

P.S simply was gotten upset because charge the code of the example TCP3 and did not return to work the board endorsements tries to recover with ICD 2 and I put “1FFF” but the problem was in the version of the compiler C18 2.44, in addition this board has bought it in embedded-channel and preferred to have a board SBC68EC without bootloader.

thanks for the lent attention.

OmarZ

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 12:54:01 PM »
can you translate? It's very difficult to understand your words. And do not write in capital letters  :mrgreen:....

niroblock

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 02:17:51 AM »
what?

Hi OmarZ,

I feel much that you do not understand to me…

The previous message goes directed to modtronix.

Bye.

мы смотрели Ваши шаги .:oo00000010 10011010oo شاهدنا لكم الخطوات
                                                                          wir paßten deine Schritte auf

OmarZ

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 11:51:07 AM »
i have no words.... :?