Author Topic: == Getting started with your Ethernet board ==  (Read 37125 times)

OvelhaNegra

• View Profile
Re: == Getting started with your Ethernet board ==
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2006, 10:20:33 AM »
Hello! Im trying to program my board with the code example v204 and it is OK. The problem its when i try to download the web pages to eeprom! I already tried via FTP and Xmodem and i can't download it.
Another problem is when i change the ip address and the gateway. When i restart the board the ip address and the gateway are the default! Anyone can say to me what's happening?

Tanks

PS. Sorry about my English javascript:void(0);
tongue
" I know what i'm saying "

peters

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2006, 06:51:36 AM »
Got an SBC65EC via post this arvo.  Plugged it in tonight while watching the footy.  On board webpages there to view.  Now to programming... :-)
"having a go for the fun of it"

Seque

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2006, 05:05:47 PM »
I have just bought a SBC68EC - HW:V2.21, SW:V3.04.

I took all recomendations given on gettin started...I plugged in my board an the only thing I got was the green linght on. It is on all the time with or with out the patch cord connected. Yellow light is allways off.

Can someone help me on this????

Thanks !!!!

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2006, 06:20:03 PM »
Was your board working after you received it, and then it stopped working? Have you reprogrammed the board? Does the red system light flash? What power supply are you using, best is a 7.5V or 9V DC power supply.

What cable are you using?

• When connecting your SBC board direct to your PC, ensure you are using a crossover cable, and not a straight type.
  • When connecting to a switch or hub, you have to use a straight cable. Most new switches and hubs have automatic polarity detection, and a straight or crossover cable with work.

Seque

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2006, 07:39:32 PM »
I changed my power supply from 12V to 7.5V and now everything is fine

Txs!!!

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 11:47:16 PM »
Hello Seque

Glad to hear it is working. There must have been something else wrong with the 12V transformer, seeing that these boards can be used with a 12V transformer too. Was it a DC transformer?

jbsimon000

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2006, 06:18:26 AM »
I am connecting with hyperterm (windows 98), 57600 - no parity 1 stop bit,
8 data bits.

I get "Press Any Key for Configuratrion Menu......." on screen. press a key... nothing happens.

Any ideas ?
Thanks !
Joe Simon

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2006, 07:30:22 PM »
Hello

Check your cable and PCs serial port. A simple way to do this with the CAB3S6FT (Serial port cable for Ethernet board) is to simply connect the two outer pins of the 3 pin molex connector. Unplug the cable from your Ethernet board, and insert a wire between the two outer pins of the 3 pin, female connector. This will connect you transmit and receive signals. Everything you now type in Hyperterminal should be echoes back to you. If you don't see that characters you type echoed back, you have a problem.

robabz

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2007, 10:11:48 AM »
I got my SBC45 and plugged it in. The red power light goes on as well as the ethernet's green light. The green light never goes out, even with no ethernet cable plugged in. After about 2 seconds of power-up, the yellow ethernet light blinks very briefly and then stays off. My hub never shows the presence of the SBC45 on its indicator lights. When using a crossover cable direct to my computer, I get no response from the 10.1.0.1 address. With the ICD2, I can reload the program and verify it. When I release the target from reset, I get the exact same result as before.

mconnell

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2007, 06:57:19 AM »
I read that some boards may not operate with 12VDC on the power jack.  I just received 2 boards and find I have this problem.  They both only light the green light that is on solid.  The power block is 12VDC @ 500ma.  I changed to a 9 volt unit and now things now work.  This seems VERY strange.  The schematic shows a 78M05 voltage regulator on the input to the VCC buss.  Why would there be a difference using 9V or 12V?  Any thoughts?

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2007, 01:58:25 PM »
Hello

As you mentioned, the power regulator is a 78M05 chip, which is specified for voltages up to 35V. A voltage of 12V DC should definitely be fine. What I have found (not only with out boards, but also other electronics), is that lots of labtop, switch mode power supplies seem to not always be too good. Some of them are clearly not very well isolated, and if you touch the power connector, you can ever feel a very small "shock". This should of course never happen with only 12V DC. I always recommend customers do not use laptop power supplies, and try to use a DC power supply with a real transformer, not just the small, light switch mode type. Was the 12V power supply you used a switch mode type?

Modxhost

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2007, 11:52:08 AM »
I've just powered mine up (SBC65EC) using a 9v 1000ma dc supply, and the green light stays on also, plugged into the router, or not.

I didn't receive any instructions with the board(s) concerning power supply - what I've been able to ascertain from reading through the forum is that a supply of 7-30v is fine, but no mention of amps. Given that the green light is staying on, do I assume the power supply isn't compatible with the board?

Modxhost

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2007, 02:05:58 PM »
Ensure that the supply is DC, and NOT AC!!

doh! I got my power supplies mixed up (lots laying around here) so I stared the day by plugging what turned out to be a 9v AC! supply - it was in for a a few minutes. Later, after realizing the supply was the wrong one (they both look identical I'd picked up the wrong one), I plugged in a 9v DC 350ma, the Red LED flashes constantly, the Green light is on and the Amber light (I'm assuming network activity) occasionally flickers (it's plugged into a router).

Unfortunately, I've also just realized that the stupid NEC pc notebook (we use mac's 99% of the time) doesn't have an rs232 interface at the back, so I can't get into the board and follow the instructions posted here.

So, before I go out and buy a pc box, did the 9v AC fry the board?

Modxhost

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2007, 02:40:32 PM »
I'll answer my own question - no, 9v AC didn't fry the board, and I can access all it's settings and server configurations via ethernet.

OmarZ

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2007, 12:32:53 PM »
yo do not need rs232 to download new firmware: you can use modtronix network bootloader and download via ethernet connection.