Author Topic: == Getting started with your Ethernet board ==  (Read 37079 times)

Modxhost

• View Profile
Re: == Getting started with your Ethernet board ==
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2007, 09:26:57 AM »
Thanks OmarZ - I'm trying to make sense of the documentation, but at least I can see the board on the LAN, now to figure out the WAN :)

donSharon

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2007, 07:28:23 AM »
Hello!
Got my SBC65EC before Christmas  8-). It got an IP- directly from my DHCP-server (192.168.0.101).
But  one big problem, I dont know where to find the username and password for it.
:-(
Can anybody help me?
Don

sk_uk

• View Profile
    • http://www.skpang.co.uk
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2007, 12:37:26 PM »
Have a look at this page:

http://www.modtronix.com/products/sbc65ec/websrvr65_v306/

Default username and password is "admin" and "pw".

Dec

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 03:33:08 PM »
My problems a bit different..

I received my SBC65EC board in the mail, and in my eagerness didnt read all the documentationn before I started tinkering.

My board has the following specs.

HW: V3.20
BLN: V1.1
SW: V3.06

This version uses the bootloader but I (in my wisdom) compiled a nobl (no bootloader) version and loaded it on...

I realised my error, and put the board into safe mode and loaded the [correct] pre-compiled firmware file from the Modtronix website (websrvr65_v306_hw211.hex)

What I get now is...

The Red LED does not flash at all in normal (non safe mode)
I am connected to the board via a cross-over cable but cannot ping the board.   (PC IP address is 10.0.1.100)
I get link and activity lights on the RJ45 connector
I can get the bootloader to connect in safe and normal modes to 10.0.1.1 and load firmware but nothing else.

Do any of you wizened folks have any helpfull ideas?  Thanks

niroblock

• View Profile
do not make any questions, if you already have the answer!

sham

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2008, 03:02:19 AM »
Hi,
My webserver board working find, not change anything. Can access the webserver using http://10.1.0.1

this web server i plug in on my router.

My question is how i want it to become accessible from outside ? let say i have a domain name and how i want it to be access to that domain name ?

what is the procedure and the setting?

Thanks in advance for any help.

marc

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2008, 01:27:37 AM »
If you want your board to be accessible from the internet, you need to setup your firewall/router to pass through http requests from outside to your board's local ip-address. You usually do that by accessing the admin pages of the router's build-in webserver, and setting up port forwarding rules for the firewall. Consult the manual of your router for details.

mopac

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2010, 04:04:13 AM »
I have my brand new SBC65EC; as soon as I apply power, no ethernet cable pluged in, the green ethernet link led lights.
Nothing blinks. nothing changes when I plug the SBC in to router or directly into a PC.
The router link light doesn't light. The router web interface shows that DHCP has not assigned an ip address.

I don't think I am getting as far as IP address problems. I don't think i am establishing the link.

Should the SBC link LED be lit with no cable connected?
What can cause the ethernet link to malfunction?

Ray

gr

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 06, 2010, 12:12:39 PM »
I have my brand new SBC65EC; as soon as I apply power, no ethernet cable pluged in, the green ethernet link led lights.
Nothing blinks. nothing changes when I plug the SBC in to router or directly into a PC.
The router link light doesn't light. The router web interface shows that DHCP has not assigned an ip address.

Sounds like you should send it back.  With power on and no ethernet the red light should blink a few times per second (4?).  With ethernet cable connected and power cycling the SBC you should get a DHCP happening immediately - if not try another ethernet cable that is known to work and a port on your router that is known to work.

marcoramig

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »
Hi, well i was looking for some answers.......... but I fail, i hope you can help me,

First at all, I'm new with these sbc65ec, but i need to do a huge project with it.

My first question is an old one, that i saw over there but, the solution wasn't clear enoguh because of many people try to aswer different Questions at the same time.

I was trying to check the netbootloader, but the famous message " not JRE file was found" appear always, can you tell me how to fix that first.

My second question, as you can see, I'm a complete newbie, so i'm guessing if I want to program my sbc65ec, where i can do it and how upload the program to it, is there a compiler like un C++ or C or assambler? How can I upload my "test" program file to my PIC. I need to make some tests with de ADC, and some kind of web page auto-refreshing.

Some one here?? mods? admis??