Author Topic: USB with 3 Serial ports  (Read 3027 times)

Joseph (Jiju)

• View Profile
USB with 3 Serial ports
« on: November 01, 2011, 06:11:54 PM »
Folks,
I am looking for a board solution that can do the following:
1. Receive data on two Serial ports
2. Transmit the received data from the two serial ports over the 3rd Serial port and/or
3. Transmit the received data from the two serial ports over the USB port (CDC).
4. Minimum 4 DIO
5. Minimum 2 Analog inputs

Was looking at the SBC44U, but seems lacking any resources for the serial ports.

Anybody ever tried this? Any help/inputs will be very valuable for me.

Thanks.

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: USB with 3 Serial ports
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 11:36:26 AM »
Hi, the SBC66EC and soon to be released SBC66ECL have a USB port and 4 USARTs. The sample software shipped with the SBC66EC has a CDC port implemented on the USB. The SBC66ECL is a cheaper version of the SBC66EC, and does not have a DC/DC power supply, RTC and uses a cheaper CPU (128K of flash in stead of 256k). It is powered by USB or a external 5V regulator.

Will also in future be releasing a USB only version of the SBC66EC. No Ethernet, one with USB Host and one with USB Device.

Joseph (Jiju)

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 03:52:21 PM »
Thanks a lot David! You made my day!!!!.

I've already placed the order for the SBC66EC. Will start the development and will be eagerly wait for the ECL.

I was seriously considering ATXMega as an option and even brought the development kit etc!! Then thought I should give PIC another try. Searched heaps in vain!!!

Good on you!

Cheers,

Joseph (Jiju)

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 12:01:35 AM »
Hi,
Is the SBC66EC programmable using ICD2? Was reading some posts here where people were having issues with ICD2? Is there any update regarding this?

Cheers,

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2012, 12:09:28 PM »
Hello Joseph

I currently only use the PICKit 3 and ICD 3 for programming and developing code on the SBC66EC. Microchip does not recommend using the PICKit 2 or ICD 2 any more. Sorry, not sure if there are any issues when using it with the ICD2. Before my ICD2's untimely death I was using it, and it worked fine with the SBC66EC board.