Author Topic: SBC66ECL with no UART demo code? No thanks!  (Read 1925 times)

salki

• View Profile
SBC66ECL with no UART demo code? No thanks!
« on: November 28, 2014, 03:23:40 PM »
Hi,

I've been using SBC65EC for a long time and recently decided to switch to SBC66ECL. I've quickly regret it however as I found that the 'webserver' firmware provides no support for UART (although SBC66ECL has 4!) and that there is no demo explaining how to use UART. Yes, of course, I can go to Microchip MAL and try to get some code and then integrate it into the 'webserver' firmware. Or, I could read the PIC24FJ128GB106 user manual and try to figure out my own code. But why should I spend all this time? SBC65EC has some good support for UART and it's very disappointing to get SBC66ECL and discover it has no UART support!

I'm switching back to SBC65EC... unless there is some UART demo code that I've missed.

Apostolis

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SBC66ECL with no UART demo code? No thanks!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 05:33:25 PM »
Hello Apostolis

We have a new beta firmware on our site with UART supported for UART1. Will soon update code to support all UARTs. Please let me know what you want to do? Do you need to access any UART functionality in your webpages? Or, you just need the API to read/wire from/to UART from C code? I can add an example for using UART to our online examples.

salki

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 12:00:33 PM »
Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Support for UART1 would be fine for now. We want to interface SBC66ECL to a Zigbee module via a 3.3V serial port. So we need an API to read/write from/to the serial port from C code.

Are you referring to v2.03? Or, you have a newer version?

Apostolis

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 09:41:19 PM »
Hi, I have uploaded the the netcruzer project, v2.03 to GitHub. The UART is now supported, and working. For an example of how to use the UART, see the demo projects in the "src/demos/uart" folder. It is here on GitHub:
https://github.com/modtronix-com/netcruzer-src/tree/master/src/demos/uart

You can build these demos, and program your SBC66 board with it.