Author Topic: Several questions  (Read 3893 times)

Mario

• View Profile
Several questions
« on: December 21, 2004, 04:49:59 PM »
Hi,

I am really interested in the SBC4XEC boards, I have seen there are two models of them, but I dont get to really understand what is exactly the difference, or more procisely why there are two boards, as far as I have understand the difference lays out in the pins used for interconnecting to the ethernet  module.

Another question I have is in reference to ICD2, I would like a professional programming device, and as I have read this device can be used for ICSP and for debugging at the same time, is this correct?, can this device also write serial eproms like the one included in the SBC device?.

And lastly a compiler question, I come from Unix world and by that I am used to gcc and it's diferents ports to several architectures, is there any port for 18Fx family that I could use with Microchip's TCP/IP stack?.

P.S: Have you got any distributor of Modtronix in Spain?.

Thanks.

sk_uk

• View Profile
    • http://www.skpang.co.uk
Several questions
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2004, 01:26:20 PM »
The difference between the the SBC45/44 is the port used to control ethernet IC.

The SBC44EC uses PORT B (RB0 - RB4) so PORT A is available for IO or analog inputs.

The SBC45EC uses PORT A (RA0 - RA4) so PORT B is available for IO or interrupt inputs.

The ICD2 can be use for both programming and to debug the board.

To program the the external EEPROM, the simplest methed is to connect CON1 to Hyperterminal to config or download webpages.