Author Topic: inAir8 when? + range testing  (Read 1722 times)

lolg

• View Profile
inAir8 when? + range testing
« on: February 19, 2015, 09:57:36 AM »
Hi just wondering if you've got an update on 868 mhz version?
Also have you done any range testing with inAir9 can you share?
Also know someone who might be interested in doing 868 mhz testing.
They are not getting the range they want with the HopeRF module.

Lawrence

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: inAir8 when? + range testing
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2015, 07:53:05 PM »
Hello Lawrence, sorry for delay! Yes, the 868 MHz modules are ready. It turns out, the circuit for 868MHz and 915MHz is identical. See Semtech reference designs SX1276RF1IAS and SX1276RF1KAS, the 868 and 915MHz circuits are identical. I thought it might be a mistake in the circuit (BOM), but Semtech confirmed our (their) circuit is optimized for 868 and 915MHz.  This has been confirmed by Semtech, who reviewed our design. We have also tested 868 MHz on the inAir9, and works fine.

Would be great if you are willing to do range tests.  I can send some free samples if you agree to create a small forum post with results. Please provide your courier account and shipping details. As mentioned in previous post, many of the cheap SX1276 modules available have terrible ranges, use 2 layer boards (not RF/impedance optimized), and inferior components. We have a 4 layer PCB, approved by Semtech engineers, and only very high quality components.

lolg

• View Profile
Re: inAir8 when? + range testing
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 04:50:55 AM »
Thanks for the reply I've forwarded your kind sample offer to a group who are doing flood monitoring in the UK. They have been using HopeRF and not getting the range they want. One of the reasons I'm very interested in your modules is your approach to design and commitment to quality.