Author Topic: how to set current NETBIOS name in title page ?  (Read 649 times)

secarica

• View Profile
how to set current NETBIOS name in title page ?
« on: May 04, 2016, 09:57:18 AM »
In a network environment with several SBC65EC boards, I would like to have the page title on each with their NETBIOS name, so when one loads a page it should see at once which board is which.

The proper place is the title page in master frame ("Modtronix SBC65EC Web Server" or "Modtronix SBC65EC Web Server Configuration", the one written on yellow background, in index.htm or xcfg.htm files respectively; this should display something like "NETBIOS - Modtronix SBC65EC Web Server" or "NETBIOS - Modtronix SBC65EC Web Server Configuration" respectively, where NETBIOS is the name as set in Network Settings page).

The NETBIOS name, editable, appears to be displayed in the page generated by xncfg.cgi based on a javascript script but the editable feature is not required in a title.

Is there a way to achieve this ? The title is in <head>...</head> portion and I don't know if a javascript can take action there.

?

Thank you,
Cristi
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:04:25 AM by secarica »

gr

• View Profile
Re: how to set current NETBIOS name in title page ?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:12:54 AM »
Javascript can definitely modify the title of a page as often as you want.  You can make it so the title changes every few seconds or whatever.  The relevant javascript code:

Code: [Select]
<script>
document.title="my title name for the web page";
</script>
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 10:35:29 AM by gr »