Author Topic: Ethernet to rs-232  (Read 17757 times)

McSteve

• View Profile
Re: Ethernet to rs-232
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2006, 07:54:51 AM »
Hi

Yes, I would also like to send to my device.  I am doing that the way you showed us from the start of this thread.  There does not need to be a great deal of interaction between the sending and receiving.  That is to say, I need to send a string to initialize the device and get it to start sending and from then on all I will do is read from it.

Hope that explains it.

Cheers-
McSteve
 :-)

128bit

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2006, 11:19:44 AM »
Hi

hmmmm... Suppose that was a stupid question really. Kinda forgot what we did at the beginning.

OK, I have written some code to read and display, it compiles but I have not yet tested it :). I will dig out my SBC65 later and give it ago (its now 2am), I haven't unpacked yet since moving back home from uni. So I'll test it tomorrow afternoon sometime. The project files are to big to attach to the post if u want them ull have to send me an email.
Anyway I think its time to catch some Zzzz's so I'll catch you later.

Thanks

Daniel
----------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people, those who understand Binary and those who don't! :)

McSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2006, 08:41:36 AM »
Hi, hope your exams went well and that you can catch up on your sleep.  The serial comms project is still a high priority for me but now I find out that I will be away all of next week.  I will try to check the forum every few days in case you have some more questions.  Hope that the week after next we can see this HTML-to-Serial bridge working.  Not only will it solve my problem, I think it will be a great selling feature for the Ethernet boards.

Cheers-
McSteve

McSteve

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2006, 08:00:42 AM »
I'm back !!!  Eagerly awaiting the code that will drink in serial and spit out HTML.  Any good news?

Cheers-
McSteve

128bit

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2006, 01:09:19 AM »
Hi,

No new news I'm afraid recently moved house so havn't been able to test, but the code is done. So send me an email and I'll send it to you for testing (too big to upload here).

Thanks

Daniel.

PS: Email: daniel (AT) inthepilbara.com
----------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people, those who understand Binary and those who don't! :)

Jdelarosa

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2006, 12:03:25 PM »
Hi, 128bit

I was wondering if you would be able to email [email protected] the code as well, since working on a similar issue. Thank you.

arkangel

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2006, 08:45:21 PM »
Hi,

I would like to have the opportunity to check the code in order to adapt and compile it to test my prototype, based on a sbc65ec.
Could I also have the serial-to ethernet code?
[email protected]

Thanks in advance for your help.

maxpam

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 07:48:55 AM »
Hi Daniel,

We are also very interrested in testing this code. This would help us a lot interfacing with the rest of our logic.
[email protected]

Thanks,
Regis

cyberec

• View Profile
Ethernet to rs-232
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 01:26:09 PM »
I bought the SBC45EC main board and the SER2S connection board,
Into the page I could see that connecting the SER2s to SBC45EC this can work as a Ethernet - RS232 converter,
I'd like to know whether i'm not wrong.
If you have a simple example of a program that contain the source code of the RS232 to Ethernet conversion,
please sent it to me

my e-mail is [email protected]

robabz

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 11:11:11 AM »
How about posting this to the Modtronix website?  This is of interest to me and obviously others too.

hotshotkered

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 01:49:12 AM »
Hi everyone,

I am also very interested in this RS232 code, does anyone know if it has been posted on the Modtronix website? If not could someone please email me the code -> [email protected]!

Thanks