Author Topic: == New SBC44EC and SBC45EC Beta Code ==  (Read 12273 times)

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
== New SBC44EC and SBC45EC Beta Code ==
« on: October 20, 2006, 01:47:52 AM »
There is new beta 'Modtronix SBC44EC Web Server' available. This code is a port of the 'Modtronix SBC65EC Web Server' for the SBC44EC. For documentation, see:
http://www.modtronix.com/products/sbc44ec/websrvr44_v305beta

The source code, documentation, hex files and MPLAB project files can be downloaded from:
http://www.modtronix.com/products/sbc44ec/websrvr44_v305beta3.exe

After extracting the contents of this file, it can be built by opening the "websrvr_nobl_mc_hw200.mcp" MPLAB project file. The web pages for this project are in the '../src/webpages/default' folder. See documentation for screen shots of the web pages, and information how to update the web pages on the SBC44EC. To compile for the SBC45EC, simply change the "BRD_SBC44EC" define in the project properties to "BRD_SBC45EC".

The download also constain a compiled version for the SBC44EC. To update the firmware and webpages on the SBC44EC, follow these steps:
  • Download the source code from the link above
  • Use a programmer to program your SBC44EC with the new firmware hex file "websrvr_nobl_mc_hw200.hex". This file is located in the src folder of the downloaded source code. It is very important to instruct your programmer to also program the internal EEPROM of the PIC18F452 chip! The SBC44EC settings are located in the internal EEPROM, including your username and password! If you do not program the internal EEPROM, your username an password will have undefined values!
  • Program the new web pages file "default.img" onto your SBC44EC. This can done via a couple of different methods, for details, see:
    http://www.modtronix.com/products/sbc44ec/websrvr44_v305beta/page_update_webpages.html
    This file is a compiled version of the web pages that you will place on your device. This file is in the "../src/webpages" folder of the downloaded source. The HTML source code (standard HTML files) for this file is in the "../src/webpages/default" folder, and can be compiled to get your "default.img" file.
  • Connect the board onto a network with a DHCP server. You can now access the board via it's default NetBIOS name MXBOARD. Just enter the following into a web browser:
    "http://mxboard"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 05:14:16 PM by modtro2 »

sparkcatcher

• View Profile
Re: New SBC44EC Beta Code
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 05:44:25 PM »
Hi,

Will this new beta Web server also work on the sbc45?  Also, in a previous post regarding UDP problems within the UDP portion of the old stack you wrote (this was regarding the sbc65 product):

"The new V3.05Beta release of the Modtronix TCP/IP stack has just been released [this was september 06]. The whole TCP state machine has been redone, the UDP checksum error has been fixed, and heaps of other improvements have been made. You can download it on the SBC65EC product page:
http://www.modtronix.com/product_info.php?products_id=149

If you only want to update the TCP/IP stack, download the source code and simply replace the "../src/net" folder of your current product with the "net" folder of the new code. The whole TCP/IP stack is contained in the net folder, and is 100% compatible with previous versions."

Question:  Can I do the above and have it work on the SBC45?   Hopefully yes!

Question:  Does the new beta web server software require the use of the new V3.05 Modtronix TCP/IP stack? 

Question:  How does your version of the the TCP/IP stack now differ from the standard Microchip code?

You may have answered these elsewhere, if so, just provide a link.

many thanks,

sparkcatcher

• View Profile
Re: New SBC44EC Beta Code
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 07:34:22 AM »
ok. I changed the board define to the one for sbc45 and  I compiled the beta code and programmed it into the sbc45 board.  It worked.   8-)  I uploaded the default image using windows built in ftp, and that worked.  Of course the default page is for the SBC44 board, put it looks like the basic code works on SBC45.  The netbios name feature works.  This is a nice addition.  I'll have to look at trying to build my own web page that works with the sbc45 ports.

cheers.

ecasvelasco

• View Profile
Re: == New SBC44EC and SBC45EC Beta Code ==
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 12:48:52 PM »
I try to compile the project with ide 7.51 y c18 3.02 and the linker send:
Error - section '.code_stacktsk.o' can not fit the section. Section '.code_stacktsk.o' length=0x00000268
Errors    : 1

Other bug that i get is the AD conversion is bad . I change the html in the pages and i see with a potenciometer that the out is stepping randowly in 2 or 3 steps , this circuit with the old version work well.
Thanks.

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 01:32:20 PM »
Your first problem sounds like you did not configure MPLAB for the PIC18F452 processor. Ensure you did this via the "Configure" menu.

You second issue seems to be noise. Try using a different power supply, and try with all inputs of the board disconnected.

ecasvelasco

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 01:51:19 PM »
Your first problem sounds like you did not configure MPLAB for the PIC18F452 processor. Ensure you did this via the "Configure" menu.
I see in the status bar of MPLAB "pic18f452" and i confirm with the configure option with no results.
You second issue seems to be noise. Try using a different power supply, and try with all inputs of the board disconnected.
I say that "The hardware is the same"and work well with the old version
I have 2 sbc44ec one is e Solar power supply to 3 packs of bateries --> http:\\ioserver.homeip.net and is working with the old version.
With the order i want to make a big version of this with more outputs (more packs) and more analog input, but i need to modify the soft.
I expect you like this.
Thanks.

ecasvelasco

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2007, 11:12:44 AM »
There is new beta 'Modtronix SBC44EC Web Server' available. This code is a port of the 'Modtronix SBC65EC Web Server' for the SBC44EC. For documentation, see:
http://www.modtronix.com/products/sbc44ec/websrvr44_v305beta

The source code, documentation, hex files and MPLAB project files can be downloaded from:
http://www.modtronix.com/products/sbc44ec/websrvr44_v305beta3.exe

After extracting the contents of this file, it can be built by opening the "websrvr_nobl_mc_hw200.mcp" MPLAB project file. The web pages for this project are in the '../src/webpages/default' folder. See documentation for screen shots of the web pages, and information how to update the web pages on the SBC44EC. To compile for the SBC45EC, simply change the "BRD_SBC44EC" define in the project properties to "BRD_SBC45EC".

The download also constain a compiled version for the SBC44EC. To update the firmware and webpages on the SBC44EC, follow these steps:
  • Download the source code from the link above
  • Use a programmer to program your SBC44EC with the new firmware hex file "websrvr_nobl_mc_hw200.hex". This file is located in the src folder of the downloaded source code. It is very important to instruct your programmer to also program the internal EEPROM of the PIC18F452 chip! The SBC44EC settings are located in the internal EEPROM, including your username and password! If you do not program the internal EEPROM, your username an password will have undefined values!
  • Program the new web pages file "default.img" onto your SBC44EC. This can done via a couple of different methods, for details, see:
    http://www.modtronix.com/products/sbc44ec/websrvr44_v305beta/page_update_webpages.html
    This file is a compiled version of the web pages that you will place on your device. This file is in the "../src/webpages" folder of the downloaded source. The HTML source code (standard HTML files) for this file is in the "../src/webpages/default" folder, and can be compiled to get your "default.img" file.
  • Connect the board onto a network with a DHCP server. You can now access the board via it's default NetBIOS name MXBOARD. Just enter the following into a web browser:
    "http://mxboard"

There is  a new version for sbc44/5ec beta o release code?

sparkcatcher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 03:19:42 PM »
Regarding the error message generated by MPLAB/C18 posted by ecasvelasco

>>I try to compile the project with ide 7.51 y c18 3.02 and the linker send:
Error - section '.code_stacktsk.o' can not fit the section. Section '.code_stacktsk.o' length=0x00000268

I believe this error is due to the compiler not performing the "procedural abstraction optimization."  Without the optimizations by the compiler, the project is too big for the microcontroller memory (either program memory or flash)   I compiled/built the beta code initially with the student/free version of the c18 compiler and the project compiled and ran.  When I recently tried the build  again, same setup, same file set, I received the same error message reported by ecasvelasco.  By this time, the optimizations had expired within this student/free compiler.

I uninstalled the c18 compiler, which was version 3.04, and  then installed the latest c18 which is version 3.12 (demo) and ran the project again.  It worked.  Again I am building for the SBC45.  (I also uninstalled the old mplab 7.4 and installed 7.6a)

In looking at the memory usage guage when the build is complete, it looks like this beta code uses almost all of the program memory (15419 bytes out of 16384 bytes) and 70% of the data memory of 1223 out of 1536.

Since my compiler will go de-optimal in another 60 days, I'm wondering if you could comment on what may have caused this.  Will I need the optimization compiler to build this project?  Is there a data structure that possibly uses alot of memory (I think the optimization has to do with overlays) that I might be able to comment out.  Is there a particular module that might require the optimization that I could remove?

thanks,

ecasvelasco

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 01:55:48 PM »
Regarding the error message generated by MPLAB/C18 posted by ecasvelasco

>>I try to compile the project with ide 7.51 y c18 3.02 and the linker send:

I believe this error is due to the compiler not performing the "procedural abstraction optimization."  Without the optimizations by the compiler, the project is too big for the microcontroller memory (either program memory or flash)   I compiled/built the beta code initially with the student/free version of the c18 compiler and the project compiled and ran.  When I recently tried the build  again, same setup, same file set, I received the same error message reported by ecasvelasco.  By this time, the optimizations had expired within this student/free compiler.

I uninstalled the c18 compiler, which was version 3.04, and  then installed the latest c18 which is version 3.12 (demo) and ran the project again.  It worked.  Again I am building for the SBC45.  (I also uninstalled the old mplab 7.4 and installed 7.6a)

In looking at the memory usage guage when the build is complete, it looks like this beta code uses almost all of the program memory (15419 bytes out of 16384 bytes) and 70% of the data memory of 1223 out of 1536.

Since my compiler will go de-optimal in another 60 days, I'm wondering if you could comment on what may have caused this.  Will I need the optimization compiler to build this project?  Is there a data structure that possibly uses alot of memory (I think the optimization has to do with overlays) that I might be able to comment out.  Is there a particular module that might require the optimization that I could remove?

thanks,

Yes , I finally compile but without some modules ,dhcp,ftp,udp and other and the memory is lower. I think thatis very big and my modifications will be tiny because is full for 18452.