Author Topic: == SBC65EC and SBC68EC Additional Info ==  (Read 18583 times)

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
== SBC65EC and SBC68EC Additional Info ==
« on: January 22, 2007, 07:07:08 PM »
===== Memory Map =====
The following list specifies what memory is used by the bootloader, and the Modtronix Web Server (referred to as Stack from here on). Any unused memory is available to be used by the user application.
  • Internal EEPROM: Size=1024. The Stack uses the first 256 bytes (0x00 - 0xff). Of this, the Bootloader also uses the first 20 bytes (0x00 - 0x13). The remaining 768 can be used by the user. New versions of the stack might use the first 512 bytes (or maybe even 768 futher in the future), so we recommend for the user to use the last 512 or 256 bytes only to stay compatible with future versions of the stack! Or even better would be to not use the internal EEPORM at all, but only the reserved space in the External EEPROM! The bootloader uses the first 20 bytes for it's network settings! The user should take care not to corrupt this data! If corrupted, the bootloader can be started in safe mode, in which case it does not get any configuration data from the EEPROM, but uses default values.
  • Internal Flash: Size=98k for SBC65EC and 65k for SBC68EC. The first 2k is read and write protected, and can only be deleted with a PIC programmer. It contains the bootloader. The next 32k is used by the Stack. All the rest (about 64k for SBC65EC and 31k for SBC68EC) can be used for the user application.
  • External EEPROM:Size=64k. The first 64 bytes are reserved for the user application by default. The rest is used for the web pages. Seeing that the web pages (standard HTML) are compressed, there is enough space for many pages! All web pages for V3.04 (about 15 pages) take up about 19.3k, which leaves more than half the available 65536 bytes (64k) space for user pages.

The reserved 64 bytes user space can be changed if more space is require. To do this, the web pages and firmware has to be recompiled. When recompiling and uploading the web pages with the "Modtronix Network Bootloader", modify the "Reserved Block in Bytes" value. When recompiling the firmware, modify the "FSEE_RESERVE_BLOCK" define in the "projdefs.h" file.

Additionally the user could also use space at the end of the 64k EEPROM for user variable. The used space will be the 64 bytes reserved block, and the size of the compiled web pages (is the "default.img" file by default). For V3.04 the "default.img" (compiled web pages file in "../src/webpages" folder of source code) is 19,230 bytes. So, the available space at the end of the EEPROM is 65536 - (64 + 19,230) = 46,242 bytes, or address 0xB4A2 to 0xFFFF. When using this method care must be taken when updating the web pages that the compiled web pages file does not get larger, and overlap the space used for user code!

There are many post on this forum with information how to write custom data to the EEPROM. Some of them are:
    http://forum.modtronix.com/index.php?topic=51.0
    http://forum.modtronix.com/index.php?topic=216.0
    http://forum.modtronix.com/index.php?topic=53.0

For a picture of the memory usage, see the following user contribution:
http://forum.modtronix.com/index.php?topic=355.0

===== I/O ports =====
The following is additional info on what ports can be used for user I/O functions. You can basically use all ports that are available on the web interface. To stay compatible with future versions of boards, and different SBC boards, we recommend using the following ports:
- Ports A0 - A5
- Ports B0 - B5
- Ports C0, C1, C2, C5
- Ports F0 - F7
- Ports G0 - G3 (Marked as D0, D1, D6 and D7 on prototype daughter board)

Keep in mind:

1) A4 is open collector output on some boards. On the SBC65EC it is a push pull, but if you want your design to be compatible with other and future SBC boards, don't use A4 as an output, only as an input. It is an open collector output on the SBC68EC.

2) B6 and B7 are used for programming. It could be used for user I/O, but is not recommend. Additionally B6 is also used for the LED on the SBC65EC and SBC68EC boards!

3) If you disable the USART via the solder straps on the bottom of the board, ports C6 and C7 can also be used. To stay compatible with future and other SBC boards, this is not recommended!

4) F0 to F6 are not used by any other function, and are always available. F7 could be used for the CS of the FRAM (no FRAM is fitted by default), and is not recommended to be used. Future SBC boards might use this port for CS functions!

5) G1 and G2 are connected to the second USART of the PIC chip. If you want to use the second USART, don't use these pins for general purpose I/O. Additionally G0 and G2 are the CAN Bus pins on the SBC68EC board. So, if you want to stay compatible with the SBC68EC board, and want use the CAN Bus, don't use these pins. If you are not going to use the second USART, or the CAN Bus (SBC68EC only), no worries, you can use these pins. Pins G0 to G3 are not used by the SBC65EC and SBC68EC boards, and are available as general purpose I/O pins!

===== Bootloader =====
The following topic has been created for bootloader related issues:
http://forum.modtronix.com/index.php?topic=944.0
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 03:46:16 PM by modtro2 »

mastua

• View Profile
Re: == SBC65EC and SBC68EC Additional Info ==
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 03:49:33 PM »
Hi,

I want to know which pins do I have to use if I'm going to work with a LCD with hitachi controller(the standard), the application maestro uses a complete port, like A, B, C, but with all the pins, Can this make any problem??

Thank you very much for your replies

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 02:12:19 AM »
I am not too familiar with the application maestro. If you require a full port, you should use port F, it has all 8 pins available. You normally don't need so many pins for a standard LCD display. You can use all standard LCD displays in 4 bit mode, and only need 3 additional pins I think. So, you should only require 7 pins? The SBC65EC and SBC68EC have more then enough I/O pins for a standard LCD display.

mastua

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 04:52:14 AM »
hi modtro

thank you for your reply

The parallel LCD needs 8 bits for data, I don't know very well how to connect it yet, but the application maestro needs a complete port.  besides, I don't know how to work it in 4 bits mode.  Anyway, the port F will work for this,

THANKS

stowaway

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 01:58:41 AM »
Hi,

For the Can bus, I've to use G0 and G2 or G1 and G2?

Regards.

ad123456

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2008, 01:52:29 AM »
Hi,
I want to use sbc65Ec as board that I can interface it with LCD display , keypad, to control outputs relays and to send information via ethernet to a server PC. Has the sbc65EC enough of flash memory to implement programs specially as  I want that my sbc board acts as a PLC.

jose_pablo7

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2008, 01:51:48 PM »
I'd like to know if can I send an email with SBC65EC and how can I do that?

evensteven69

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 08:01:42 PM »
I'd like to know if can I send an email with SBC65EC and how can I do that?

Enable the SMTP module.

jose_pablo7

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2008, 06:36:11 PM »
Hi.
I want to know how can I change the label of a button from "on""off" for "+" or" -". or how can I display negative numbers on the web page

Thanks

mohandino

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 05:37:51 AM »
Hello,

Can you tell me how many pins are on the PIC18f6680 in the SBC68EC ? ( 64 or 68 ??? )

thanks
« Last Edit: October 30, 2008, 07:09:57 AM by mohandino »

msr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 02:20:56 AM »
339 2058581

Hello everyone

I have a problem with SBC68EC connected with the card MXD2R.

when I close to +12 V with a 2200 ohm from any of the 3 inputs all go to 5 V
when I close to 0V with a 2200 ohm from any of the 3 inputs all go to 0 V.

I take 12 V at the terminals 1-2 (0-12V) from MXD2R inputs are the terminals 3-4-5 (I01 - I02 - I03).

From the web page of the tab I select the card that is connected MXD2R properly and command and control outputs.

Firmware versions are: 2.51 Stack Version - 3.10 server version

P.S. Resistance tab MXD2R is 6R102G.

saint_mark96

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 06:12:03 PM »
Hello guyz.,

Im a student and we have this thesis..
"LINE FREQUENCY COUNTER AND VOLATAGE MONITORING SYSTEM OVER THE NET"
from the board's feature.., do i need to buy a frequency counter or is it built in already on the board?

Thank you..  :?