Author Topic: java applet  (Read 7715 times)

chris

• View Profile
java applet
« on: February 28, 2007, 07:51:16 AM »
hi, i have a java applet that calculates planet positions. the applet runs fine on the sbc68ec and displays the coordinates but i want to send this data to the pic to give step sequences to move a stepper motor to that position. i have no idea how to do this.

chris

• View Profile
Re: java applet
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 05:53:37 AM »
i have figured out that i can use http get config command to send a value to the web server. i realise i need to add some code. i have tried to get it to run a function which turns a port pin high then low repeatidly. But i am having trouble writing the correct code. help please!!!!

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 01:18:09 PM »
Hello Chris

This sounds like a very interresting project!

The new beta release of V3.06 of the SBC68EC firmware can accept UDP commands too. This might be easier using to send commands to the SBC68EC with then using HTTP GET commands. For details, see http://forum.modtronix.com/index.php?topic=564.0. You can easily upgrade your firmware with the Modtronix Network Bootloader.

Would you maybe want to send me your code, and I can have a look at it?

chris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 02:19:27 PM »
thanks for the reply, i have downloaded and tried the new version which compiles fine with my code which i have attached. the udp port looks very interesting. setting pins, changing user/pass and resetting the board works fine with a java applet i made but i want to send numbers to the board such as 180 or 45. is this possible? my c programming skills arent that great and ive had a hard time trying to make a command for this.

chris

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 07:00:57 PM »
hi, sorry for all the questions. the udp connection is working but i just want to know how fast can i actually change the pint using this, e.g. can i turn a pin on and of at say 200 hz?

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2007, 12:45:30 AM »
I haven't tested it yet, but 200Hz seems a bit fast. A better solution might be to implement a software PWM on your board. You could then just enable or disable this via a UDP command.

dmiles813

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 12:46:47 PM »
I have used a PIC to control a unipolar 4 phase stepper motor.  Originally, I had targetted it for an antenna positioner, but now I am thinking of using the controller for a solar tracker for residential solar panel installations.  I use a 1ms hardware timer, then use a variable to store the end count every timer tick.  When the current tick count equals the stored count, I change the motor position, which gives me the step rate.  I was able to get the motor to a maximum speed of about 2ms per pulse.  Any faster than that, and I got into trouble with so many interrupts.  Good luck.

Tatsster73

• http://russian-brides-best.com/ - all russian women
    • View Profile
    • women ru
java applet
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 08:29:52 PM »
I am currently tying to make a java game in a applet but my keyboard function wont work do you have any idea? this is my function:

public boolean KeyDownEvent evt, int Key
        ifKey == Event.RIGHT
            x_pos = rspeed;
        else ifKey == Event.LEFT
            x_pos -= lspeed;

Bipsype09

• View Profile
    • single russian brides
java applet
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 11:37:53 PM »
im currently choosing my units for next semester and im wondering what programming i should do java or c programming..i just need somebody who has done some course before to tell me which one is better to learn..

epizido09

java applet
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2009, 02:59:38 PM »
I want to develop a java based application applet which can be loaded onto a CD and can be linked to a DB at the backend. The font end must dynamically connect to the Backend every time the CD is loaded and run. The application must not install in the Users PC   but must have a plug and play function from the CD itself.

Problem:-
I want to know how to connect DB Access dynamically between front end and backend from a CD.
Also I would like to know about some free Java Installers which provide ODBC connectivity as well.

Thanks