Author Topic: making a wheather station with LCD AND WEB interface  (Read 35841 times)

OmarZ

• View Profile
Re: making a wheather station with LCD AND WEB interface
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2007, 09:43:39 AM »
Thank you very much...
Sorry, but what about Hardware?

attila

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2007, 08:41:51 AM »
Here is the schematic. SD-Card uses the MSSP hardware in SPI mode, so you have to remove the EEPROM! The card is runing from 3.3V, so you need a regulator as well.

The hardware is based on Microchip's PICtail for SD/MMC card and this one http://www.captain.at/electronics/pic-mmc/

OmarZ

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2007, 09:43:28 AM »
Thanks.
I upload file here.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 10:15:34 AM by OmarZ »

attila

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2007, 10:07:15 AM »
Sorry, somehow the attachment is missing

grognut

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 05:04:24 AM »
Hi Attila,
From a previous posting I understand that you are using a MC3208 as and ADC. I'm having problems with it. I'm using it without an input buffer.
The same input cct worked on on the Ain0 of the processor so I don't think it's a source impedance problem.
All the voltages are as expected but my readings jump. Some times they are correct for a few readings but then change. Sometimes they are all over the place.

It could be the SPI software because sometimes I get greater than 10-bit result although I mask the returned data.
Or it could be a speed problem. I've added NOPs to slow the clocking down but without successl.
Did you experience any problems?
What SPI code did you use?

Regards#
Grognut

grognut

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 05:19:01 AM »
Hi Attila,

I've fouind the problem. My MC3208 was duff. I put in a MC3204, one wiring mod and it works. Need to get another MC3208.

Thanks
Grognut

attila

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 12:27:13 PM »
Hello grognut!

I am using the MSSP hardware in the PIC to communicate with the A/D and using routines from Microchip's software library.
Here is my source code for it. It is very simple.

Regards,
Attila.

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 01:53:43 PM »
Hi All

Just for info, the latest SBC65EC (and soon also SBC68EC) boards have a Micro Match connector. So, you can connect our serial LCD2S range of displays directly to it. The LCD2S also has a keyboard encoder. We will also very soon (in about a week) be receiving 12 and 16 button keypads with cables for connecting up to the LCD2S displays, and cables for the LCD2S. It will be possible having a displays, keypad and some I/Os all via the serial Micro Match connector. I have attached a photo of the new SBC65EC. Actually all SBC65EC boards shipped now are already the new Rev.3 ones, just have to still update the documentation.

OmarZ

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 05:31:50 AM »
Very nice..
Some time ago I was asking something about a case/chassis specific for LCD2S. Any news?

http://forum.modtronix.com/index.php?topic=633.0
« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 05:33:25 AM by OmarZ »

grognut

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 02:01:13 PM »
Hi Attila,
Thank for the info on using the MC3208. I tried these routines and everything fell apart.  After some digging I found out that the default port for the MChip SPI is MSSP1 which uses the same pins as the I2C for the EEPROM so I guess this is why it fell apart.

I also read your thought inspiring info on using SD ram.

Have you removed the use of the EEPROM and use MSSP 1 for the ADC and SD ram?

Regards
Grognut

OmarZ

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 10:39:39 PM »
i think yes....
Here is the schematic. SD-Card uses the MSSP hardware in SPI mode, so you have to remove the EEPROM! The card is runing from 3.3V, so you need a regulator as well.
http://forum.modtronix.com/index.php?topic=64.msg1977#msg1977

attila

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2007, 02:22:52 AM »
Hello!

If you are using SBC68 board, then yes, you have to remove EEPROM, since it is using I2C bus and not SPI. If you have SBC65 board, then you can use MSSP1 for EEPROM and MSSP2 for SPI (SD-Card and ADC) bus.

grognut

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 03:36:50 PM »
Hi,

Thanks for your help guys.
I know which way to go now. I'm going to add 2*256K eeprom (M'chip samples) to the I2C buss (MCCP1) and use MCCP2 for ADC and FRAM. I will use the FRAM to store pointers to the records in the eeprom and log recent data. When the fram is filled, transfer the data to the eeprom to minimise eeprom writes
I've also received the AAG weather station. SK-Pang do a 1-wire interface which aslo gives me somewhere to solder my Eproms. The only real problem for me is that is won't fit my Modtronix enclosure with the PT32E.

Anyone seen a DS2482-100 in a DIL package?

Regards
grognut

sk_uk

• View Profile
    • http://www.skpang.co.uk
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2007, 11:02:49 AM »
The DS2482-100 is only available in SOIC package.

The 1-Wire Bust Master also has a battery back RTC
http://www.skpang.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=33_35&products_id=136

attila

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2007, 11:47:19 PM »
Hello!

Can anybody knows how to make an over voltage protection on data lines (on serial port) from lightning? There was a big storm and after a big lightning, my modtronix board died ( the LED is still blinking, but the ethernet and the serial connection does not work). I think it caused by an over voltage on the serial lines, because of the power regulator, which supplied the outdoor sensor burned down. (also all of my equipment, which was connected to the board went wrong, switcher, ethernet card in the computer).

So I need  to do some good protection on the incoming lines, but do not know how.

Grognut: take care about the protection, if you will use wired sensors! Not just from the direct hit, the indirect can cause lots of damages as well.

Anyway, I just ordered a new SBC65EC board, I hope it will arrive soon.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 11:22:39 AM by attila »