Author Topic: SBC68EC Network Bootloader - Error while erasing flash, target not programmed  (Read 6465 times)

dmiles813

• View Profile
SBC68EC, new last month (5/7/07) gets an error message from the Network Bootloader stating it could not erase flash.

I have seen another post with the same problem, but with no thread for an answer.  I attached a screen shot in JPG format.

Any help is appreciated.  I am sure it is something simple - usually is.

Thanks.

OmarZ

• View Profile
sometimes happens also in my borad, but i retry one or two times and than it works. Sometimes i receive also timeout errors....
Anyway i think it's better if you attach error log generated by modtronix bootloader.

dmiles813

• View Profile
Well, in response to OmarZ's post, I tried again, and again, and again....  Sometimes the third time is the charm - it just is not in my case.  Time after time, the board connects fine and then simply says it cannot erase the flash.  As far as OmarZ's recommendation, I did not find a log file in the Netloader directory, so either I missed it or the only details available are in the scrolling window which I took a snapshot of.

***  Has anyone else seen this error?  ***

I was thinking that the UDP packets exchanged between the units may not (for some reason or another) be making it to the board.  I read some posts in which the switch did not correctly forward the packets onto the board.  I was originally using a Linksys 4 port switch, so I tried using a brand new Netgear 5 port 10/100/1000 switch, and came up with the same result.

I doubt switch does allow me to connect to the board via the embedded default web pages on

Lastly, I am going to try a 10mb hub which has no choice but to forward the packets and see if I can get something happening.

If anyone else has seen this, please let me know.

Thanks.

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Hello

This problem was solved in V1.06 of the network bootloader. The new SBC68EC boards reply with a new revision number, which the Network Bootloader did not recognize, and caused errors. From your screen shot I see you are using V1.05. Please download the latest version at:
http://www.modtronix.com/soft/netloader
Please let me know if this solves your problem.

dmiles813

• View Profile
Admin,

Thanks for your help.  That did it.

I hope this thread helps other people.

I have to say, you guys are great with customer service.  I have had to contact MX twice now, and both times the problem has been resolved.

Thanks Again.

-D. Miles     :-D

[email protected]

• View Profile
Hello
    I cannot solve Network Bootloader problem .I tried many times as i read here before and using V1.06.
    Anyone knows any other way???

Aletstero

• View Profile
SBC68EC Network Bootloader Error while erasing flash target not programmed
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2009, 09:45:02 PM »
...into a myspace layout? Ive been trying to insert a banner into my extended network area on myspace into my layout. If anybody knows how to do this could you let me know? I have the layout code if you need it. Thanks