Poll

What serial interface would you want on a serial LCD display?

I2C, 2 wire interface
27 (48.2%)
SPI, 3 wire interface
7 (12.5%)
RS-232
8 (14.3%)
RS-485
6 (10.7%)
CAN Bus
5 (8.9%)
RS-232 TTL Levels (UART)
3 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Author Topic: POLL == Serial Interface and features for new Displays  (Read 11305 times)

modtro2

• Administrator
    • View Profile
POLL == Serial Interface and features for new Displays
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:19:00 PM »
To Vote, you must log in!
We are expanding our serial LCD range. We also want to create a new LCD displays that are housed enclosures, with buttons, buzzer and I/Os. It would be great if we could get some feedback what you want in our new design!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2007, 08:27:19 PM by modtro2 »

RCowan

• View Profile
Re: POLL == Serial Interface and features for new Displays
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Rotary Encoder with Push-Button Support .. and still some LEDS and Push buttons .. min of 4 of each .. 8 would be nice ..
Temperature Compensated Screen Voltage for Low Temp Environments .. Requires Neg Supply to pull screen below ground .. or
A Temperature Sensor near the LCD to use with serial LCD Controls already provided .. Light Sensor maybe ..

jpennestri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 04:49:47 AM »
The implementation of the Analog input so that users can add such things as a temperature sensor for use in a thermostat. Easy access to the in circuit programming feature so that the firmware can be updated and/or modified for specialized characters and/or special functions.

gbgb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 01:16:56 AM »
A simple "terminal"
Have been looking for a long time for a housed LCD display (2 lines - OK, 4 lines would be great), with a relatively rugged 4x4 keyboard (not the simple plastic type, something like membrane or sealed switches). This is basically designing a housing and proper keyboard to the current products.
Would be nice if the keyboard was blank with a simple way to put the numbers/functions on them.
Also - in future serial display products I would like to see LED based displays.

Kim_nielsen2013

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 04:06:15 AM »
Hello: A 4 lines display with keyboard are something of i wood have god use for. But what are the time estimate of these displays, as i can see that last entry/response are from end 2012. Kim